Tuesday 17 June 2014

Cullaloe LNR, 14-06-2104

Heath trap left to its own devices while I was away at Falkland Palace/watching the England-Italy game at 2 in the morning! A nice collection of new species was acquired for the year list, with some for the all time Culalloe list and some new to me completely. The benefit of mothing in three places is that I get to transfer what I've learned and (hopefully) cement some of the knowledge in my grey matter.

List:
Poplar Hawk-moth (1)
Brown Rustic (4)
Map-winged Swift (1)
White Ermine (1)
Small Dotted Buff (1)
Clouded Border (2)
Green Carpet (1)
Silver-ground Carpet (3)
Riband Wave (1)
Common Wave (1)
Clouded Silver (2)

Poplar H-M a regular find now

Flame Shoulder

White Ermine

The Miller

Middle-barred Minor

Riband Wave

Small Dotted Buff
 



No comments:

Post a Comment